The 2022 Royal Rumble is upon us and now the speed on the road to WrestleMania picks up.
The traditional 30 wrestler over the top rope has been a traditional part of the WWE universe since January 1988, when the first Royal Rumble took place in Hamilton Ontario, Canada and saw “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan winning the very first Royal Rumble.
The Royal Rumble was conceived by longtime McMahon family friend Pat Patterson.
The inaugural Women’s Royal Rumble match took place 2018 in Philadelphia, PA with Asuka winning the match.
WWE officials have been hard at work on the planning for this years Royal Rumble matches and a few surprises are lined up for this match.
WWE has some NXT talents lined up for the match but on the women’s side NXT surprises will be kept to a minimum.
In regards to potential Women’s Royal Rumble winners WWE officials have not made the final decision at this time but a few names keep appearing at internal meetings. Below is the list.
• Alexa Bliss – Bliss has been off WWE television since the September Extreme Rules pay-per-view. Alexa Bliss is also one of WWE’s top merchandise sellers and the company is looking to get her back to the forefront of the women’s division. Look for Alexa Bliss to make her splash return and make an immediate impact that will send shock waves throughout the WWE Universe.
• Bianca Belair – Belair is last year’s women’s Royal Rumble winner and WWE is keeping her strong and a premier female talent in the company. Look for Bianca Belair have a incredible performance at the Royal Rumble and be one of the final four competitors.
• Bayley – Bayley is set to make her highly anticipated return to WWE action since being out of the ring with a ACL injury. Bayley has not been seen on WWE television since the June 25th SmackDown. WWE officials are discussing for Bayley to return to WWE action in time for the 2022 Royal Rumble. Internally at the WWE offices in Connecticut, Bayley is being considered as one of the favorites to win the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match. WWE is making additional plans for the WWE women’s mega star to make sure her return is a success and makes a significant impact on the WWE women’s division.
• Asuka – Asuka is one of the most dominant woman in the WWE women’s division and a return in 2022 is being planned by WWE officials.
Asuka was last seen in WWE action at the “Money In The Bank” pay-per-view in July, 2021.
WWE is becoming more careful with returning superstars as WWE does not want characters to get “lost in the shuffle.” upon their return and instead WWE is taking a slow approach when bringing back superstars like Alexa Bliss. WWE higher officials want Asuka to return as a “Heel” character and the 2022 Royal Rumble is the estimated return date.
• Mystery Winner – There is one more MAJOR female star being discussed to enter and win the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match. We will have more on this Mystery Winner later this week, keep it locked to Slice Wrestling for the latest updates you are not going to want to miss this.