During WrestleMania 39 weekend WWE was sold to Endeavor Endeavor will own a 51% stake in the new combat sports and entertainment company, while WWE shareholders will have the remaining 49%, according to the terms of the agreement. The deal values WWE at $9.3 billion and UFC, which is owned by Endeavor, at $12.1 billion, the companies said in a press release.

Ari Emanuel will act as chief executive of both Endeavor and the new company, the companies said. McMahon, likewise, will be executive chairman, while Endeavor President and COO Mark Shapiro will also work in the same roles at the new company. Dana White will remain as president of UFC, and WWE CEO Nick Khan will stay on as president of the wrestling business.

Many questions have been asked since the news broke about WWE being sold and one of the main topics is the status of Triple H.

Slice Wrestling reached out to WWE sources on plans for The WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H after the Endeavor merger and what might the future hold for him.

“They’re impressed with what he’s done in the last year.” a WWE source tells SW.

“Every single metric is up since he took over creative… ratings, live event attendance & gates, merch sales, streaming numbers, everything.”

Vince McMahon along with WWE President Nick Khan are excited about the future of WWE with Triple H leading the way.

Vince McMahon still has absolute creative and business power within WWE and he might make some changes as he sees fit but Triple H is going to be the one running RAW and SmackDown on a day-to-day basis while Shawn Michaels runs NXT.

The idea is Triple H will run all creative processes by Vince McMahon and Vince will edit and modify storylines and characters as he sees fit. Triple H will largely have creative control and Vince McMahon will handle certain decisions, characters and storylines.

Vince McMahon will likely still control the storylines and characters such as Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar and Austin Theory which are personal favorites to Vince McMahon.

As WWE enters a new era with the Endeavor merger it will certainly be an exciting time for the WWE Universe as Triple H is looking to make WWE exciting all year round with stacked Premium Live Events and high profile matches.

It’s a new era in WWE and we are excited about the future of pro wrestling. Stay tuned to SW for the latest updates.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here