WWE announced Nick Aldis as the new on-screen General Manager of the Smackdown brand on the last week’s SmackDown.
Nick Aldis recently signed to WWE in August 2023 and had been working backstage as a producer and also helping developing talent.
Nick Aldis has an impressive resume in professional wrestling
• 2x National Wrestling Alliance NWA World Heavyweight Champion
• 1x New Japan Pro-Wrestling IWGP Tag Team Championship with Doug Williams
• 1x Total Nonstop Action Wrestling TNA World Heavyweight Champion
• 2x TNA World Tag Team Champion w/Doug Williams and w/Samoa Joe
Feast or Fired 2015 – World Tag Team Championship contract
• Global Impact Tournament (2015) with Team International (The Great Sanada, Drew Galloway, The Great Muta, Tigre Uno, Bram, Rockstar Spud, Khoya, Sonjay Dutt and Angelina Love)
• TNA World Tag Team Championship No. 1 Contenders Tournament (2010) w/Desmond Wolfe
• TNA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament (2013)
• Wild Card Tournament (2011) with Samoa Joe
• Xplosion Championship Challenge (2011)
Nick Aldi’s has many years experience since making his wrestling debut in British independent circuit in 2004 and the Docking, Norfolk, England native will bring almost 20 years wrestling experience to WWE.
WWE officials are looking to build up Nick Aldis to the WWE Universe as GM and involve him into storylines.
WWE also is discussing for Nick Aldis to have matches at major premium live events similar to how Kurt Angle would be the GM and also wrestle.
Triple H is a huge fan of Nick Aldis and with the WWE Universe supporting him the sky is the limit.
Stay tuned to SW for the later updates.