The 2023 Royal Rumble is set to take place from The Alamodome in San Antonio, TX.
WWE is hard at work at finalizing both the men’s and women’s Royal Rumble winners as creative meetings have been taking place in recent weeks.
WWE has narrowed down the winners list to a select few mentioned below.
Women’s Royal Rumble match:
• Rhea Ripley – Rhea has become a WWE official favorite as of late and her work with the Judgement Day has solidified her range as a character that has really impressed both Vince McMahon and Triple H. WWE officials feel that Rhea Ripley is has yet to even reach her in-ring peak and a Royal Rumble win would boost her to the next level.
• Becky Lynch – The Man is always around the main event scene and recent plans indicate a top WrestleMania match is on the cards for Becky Lynch. WWE has brought up Becky Lynch to win the Royal Rumble along with Rhea Ripley.
• Bayley – Has been kept on standby in the event WWE needs to make a quick change to plans. She is officially the wildcard heading into the 2023 Royal Rumble and WWE officials are paying close attention to opinions of WWE fans in regards to a decision. Bayley winning the Royal Rumble would not shock us but still Rhea Ripley or Becky Lynch are the current projected winners.
Men’s Royal Rumble Match:
• Sami Zayn – If there was ever a character who has gotten more over with the WWE Universe in the same way as Daniel Bryan did during the YES! movement it’s Sami Zayn. The honorary UCE has never been hotter and his dysfunctional relationship The Bloodline is just starting to reach its peak. WWE officials have brought up Sami Zayn winning the 2023 Royal Rumble match numerous times during recent WWE creative meetings.
• Cody Rhodes – Cody is looking to “Finish The Story” that he told when he delivered a heartfelt promo on the RAW after Mania episode on April 4th 2022. WWE has been pushing Cody Rhodes return video packages to hype up the “American Nightmare’s” return. WWE officials are interested in pushing Cody Rhodes and feel he has yet to reach his peak in WWE. A Royal Rumble win would set him up with a massive showdown with the dominant Tribal Chief Roman Reigns or would it?..
• Stone Cold Steve Austin – SCSA is it the midst of a career resurgence after bringing down the house at WrestleMania 38 beating Kevin Owens on night 1 and then appearing night 2 to deliver stunners to Vince McMahon, Austin Theory and Pat Mcafee. Now after working out and training all 2022 Stone Cold is ready for another WrestleMania return and WWE officials are discussing the idea of Stone Cold Steve Austin winning the 2023 Royal Rumble match and headlining WrestleMania. This would bring SCSA a total of 4x Royal Rumble wins (1997,1998,2001) more than anyone in WWE history. WWE is also considering the fact the Royal Rumble is in Texas and Stone Cold winning would be a right fit.
• Seth Rollins – Seth F’n Rollins is the dark horse in the men’s Royal Rumble match and WWE officials have discussed the possibility of Rollins winning and continuing to WrestleMania 39 to face Roman Reigns and/or Cody Rhodes.
The Royal Rumble is one of the most “electrifying” weekends in professional wrestling and surprises are sure to wow the WWE universe. Stay tuned to SW for the latest updates.