Our readers always send in inquiries on different topics and superstars and we usually do our best to answer but one specific inquiry caught our attention and we decided to thoroughly dive into this topic and provide you with our best insight.
The top superstars WWE is planning to push in 2021
1. Roman Reigns: “The Head Of The Table” has reached the zenith of his career. His current heel run with Paul Heyman is some of WWE’s best work to date and the ongoing Samoan feud with his cousins The USO’s is wrestling storytelling at its finest. Reigns said it best “I am THE WWE Champion”, WWE has no plans to dethrone Roman Reigns anytime soon and this upcoming WrestleMania will see “The Tribal Chief” sitting on top of the WWE Throne.
2. Drew McIntyre: “The Scottish Psychopath” has destroyed all competition and his only losses were to Randy Orton and Roman Reigns. WWE looks to continue this era of McIntyre well into 2021 and he has become a pivotal star in WWE’s arsenal of talents. A WrestleMania 37 main event is being planned for this true heavyweight and the McIntyre claymore kicks will continue next year.
3. The Fiend: WWE’s most sinister character will continue to wreak havoc on WWE television in 2021. Merchandise sales and The Firefly Funhouse are major components to Bray Wyatt’s success and WWE is doing this genius character justice by booking him to win in most programs and making him into a special attraction star.
4. Rhea Ripley: WWE is beginning to look into the future of the women’s division and Rhea Ripley is the main female star WWE looks to lead the new generation. Her size and unique style/look make Ripley a fresh character and while her WrestleMania loss to Charlotte at WrestleMania 36 make many believe WWE is not high on her, that couldn’t be further from the truth as that program with Charlotte Flair was intended to propel her to that next level even in a defeat and put more eyes on her.
5. Big E: The New Day’s big man went solo in 2020 and WWE is looking to make Big E a major player in 2021. WWE officials are taking extra precautions with Big E and are taking a methodical approach to his booking by gradually moving him up the WWE Championship hierarchy. The power of positivity still makes an effect in the WWE Universe and so will Big E.
6. Lana: The woman formerly known as “The Ravishing Russian” is currently being pushed to become Tag-Team champions with Asuka and in 2021 WWE will try push her even farther. The WWE Universe has organically latched on to Lana and she has become a highlight every week on WWE television. Lana as WWE Women’s Champion is seriously a possible reality in 2021.
7. Finn Bálor: “The Prinxe Of NXT” has recently returned back to in-ring action and his current reign as NXT Champion will continue into 2021. Triple H’s favorite NXT star is Finn Bálor and a proper NXT championship run is on the cards for Finn Bálor.
8. Bianca Belair: The EST of WWE is looking to have a breakout year in 2021. WWE sees big marketability in Belair and they want to capitalize on the soon to be white hot popularity. Women’s Championship opportunities are in the horizon for this young star.
9. The Hurt Business: MVP, Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander are a collective freight train moving forward towards 2021. The new year will bring new opportunities for WWE’s number one heel stable. Bobby Lashley is highly regarded by WWE officials and Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander are in the hunt for Tag-Team titles.
10. Karrion Kross & Scarlett Bordeaux: Vince McMahon is plotting a coup and he wants this couple on the main roster. Karrion’s size, look and street fighter style is something WWE officials want to use on the main roster. WWE also wants to feature Scarlett in a more mainstream presentation. Big plans are in store for this real-life couple in 2021.
11. Matt Riddle: “The King Of Bro’s” is in a unique position. After years spent on the indi circuits like EVOLVE, Riddle is now on cable television every week and WWE likes his style, in-ring work and humor. Riddle will be pushed to an extent in 2021 and mid-level card championships are on the horizon. Matt Riddle will have to keep up the hard work and momentum all 2021 to breakthrough and reach the WWE and Universal Championships. The foundation is laid and what happens after here is up to Riddle and the WWE Universe.
12. Carmella: WWE has given this Staten Island native a new character look with the “Untouchable One” and Carmella will be one of the prominent women featured in the company. 2021 looks like we can see Carmella become WWE Women’s Champion again.
13. Undisputed Era: WWE is looking to shock the system and in 2021 the WWE Universe will bear witness to the main roster call up of the Undisputed Era. WWE Tag-Team wrestling is in need of a major shot in the arm and WWE will use the Undisputed Era in exciting Tag-Team programs. Adam Cole will show the main roster his in-ring skills and Roderick Strong will be a force to be reckoned with. The Undisputed Era in 2021 will be a exciting time for the stable.
14. Toni Storm: NXT will become the Toni Storm show as she will dominate the black & gold brand in 2021. NXT Women’s Championship’s are in the plans and Storm will have a career defining year in 2021.
15. Raquel González: NXT’s resident big woman will be a force to be reckoned with in 2021. Triple H loves her standout size and her powerhouse wrestling style, also being a safe in-ring worker is a plus for her career. Look for this titan to have a breakout year in 2021.