So nice we did it twice!
After popular demand the Slice Wrestling Quarantine Playlist Part 2 is finally here. Our editor-in-chief Slice specifically hand picked some of the finest Wrestling matches, documentaries, interviews, specials and wrestling related movies for you to enjoy from the comfort of your home during these challenging times. So without further ado grab some snacks, get to the tv, get comfortable and get to the binge streaming. Enjoy!
• Macho Man “The Randy Savage Story” (WWE Network)
Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage captivated the sports-entertainment world for over a quarter century. His glistening wardrobe, often-imitated cadence and grandiose style was outshined only by his virtuoso performances in the ring. Macho Man, with his gorgeous leading lady Miss Elizabeth, embodied the raging 80s in WWE and later, compounded his success in WCW.
• The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels WrestleMania 25 (WWE Network)
• The Ronda Rousey Story “Through My Fathers Eyes” (Netflix)
“When Ronda Rousey became the first female UFC champion, she achieved more than athletic glory — she realized her late father’s belief that she would make her greatest dreams come true. THE RONDA ROUSEY STORY: THROUGH MY FATHER’S EYES follows Ronda’s inspiring journey to superstardom, weaving revealing interviews with dynamic fight footage to create a portrait of a remarkable and fearless woman who overcame all odds to become a symbol of strength, hope, and female empowerment.”
• Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero “Halloween Havoc” 1997 (WWE Network)
• The True Story Of WrestleMania (WWE Network)
This collection looks to bring you the behind-the-scenes story of this institution, from getting huge stars like Muhammad Ali, Mr. T and Liberace for the first show, to hosting it in three different cities the following year all the way through the various celebrities, cities, wrestlers and beyond. With behind-the-scenes footage never seen before to talks with the men who made it happen, The True Story of WrestleMania gives the fans a chance to see how this monumental event came together and the chaos that ensues behind the curtain. This is WrestleMania as you’ve never seen it before…
• “Beyond The Mat” (Netflix)
Barry Blaustein’s honest, intimate, revealing, highly entertaining, and critically acclaimed behind-the-scenes look at wrestling, takes viewers beyond the ring and into the lives of the men and women who inhabit this colorful, competitive, and surprisingly complex world.
• “Ladies And Gentleman My Name Is Paul Heyman” (WWE Network)
Paul began as a photographer taking ringside pictures at MSG and worked his way into WCW becoming a manager. (a.k.a. Paul E. Dangerously) Paul then went to ECW and became the figurehead for the company. His unique brand of over the top, in your face entertainment developed a cult-like following. Unfortunately, Paul’ s financial savvy didn’t match his creative genius and ECW was eventually purchased by WWE. Includes lots of great behind-the-scenes footage and interviews, as a host of past and present talent talk about Paul’s contributions to the business.
• “The Resurrection Of Jake The Snake Roberts”
The Resurrection of Jake the Snake (2015) A fallen professional wrestling superstar battles his past demons in a struggle to reclaim his life and the family that has given up on him.
• “Triple H Thy Kingdom Come” (WWE Network)
Triple H continues to build upon his enduring legacy. From 13-time World Champion to COO, Triple H has played multiple roles spanning decades. Packed with over 3 hours of documentary footage, all-new interviews and matches, this compilation profiles Triple H’s entire career as well as his current executive role with the WWE.
• “Before They Were Superstars” USOS 10 Hours To Houston (WWE Network)
10 Hours To Houston captures the compelling story of twins Josh and Jon Fatu from childhood to their WWE Tag Team Title reign.
• WrestleMania XXVII (WWE Network)
This WrestleMania features The Undertaker vs Triple H “No holds barred” match, Randy Orton vs CM Punk, Edge vs Alberto Del Rio.
• Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi Wrestle Kingdom 14 (NJPW World)
• The Rock vs Cena Once In A Lifetime” (WWE Network)
Once in an era, a Superstar comes along who defines an entire generation for fans and Superstars alike. Once in a lifetime, two of these Superstars collide in an epic confrontation that will forever define their legacies. In this documentary, we trace their individual paths to fame and success in WWE and take an in-depth and revealing look at the day-to-day lives of these polarizing figures.
• “They Live” (Hulu,Starz,Sling)
Roddy Piper stars as Nada, a wanderer without meaning in his life, discovers a pair of sunglasses capable of showing the world the way it truly is. As he walks the streets of Los Angeles, Nada notices that both the media and the government are comprised of subliminal messages meant to keep the population subdued, and that most of the social elite are skull-faced aliens bent on world domination. With this shocking discovery, Nada fights to free humanity from the mind-controlling aliens.
• AAA World Tag-Team Championship The Young Bucks vs The Lucha Bros “ALL OUT” (B/R LIVE)
• Brock Lesnar “Here Comes The Pain” (WWE Network)
The pain is back! Eight years after hitting the WWE with F-5 fury, Brock Lesnar has returned to deliver destruction to the WWE Universe for a second time. Brock Lesnar Here Comes the Pain! Collectors’ Edition features the original documentary recounting the devastation wrought by Lesnar’s first run in WWE.
• Kevin Steen vs El Generico ROH “Final Battle” 2010 (ROH YouTube)
• Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi “Wrestle Kingdom 9” (NJPW World)
• WWE World Heavyweight Championship Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles “Extreme Rules” 2016 (WWE Network)
• WWE Women’s Championship Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks “WrestleMania 32” (WWE Network)
• Stone Cold Steve Austin “The Bottom Line” (WWE Network)
He’s one of the most popular Superstars in the history of sports-entertainment, with a resume that includes six WWE Championship reigns, three Royal Rumble victories, a King of the Ring Championship, and an unprecedented run of raising hell throughout WWE. Stone Cold Steve Austin continues to be both popular and controversial.
• WWE Championship Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero “No Way Out” 2004 (WWE Network)
• IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi “Wrestle Kingdom 14” (NJPW World)
• WWE Championship AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan “TLC” 2018 (WWE Network)
Movie star Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier), together with his boys, Eric (Kevin Connolly), Turtle (Jerry Ferrara) and Johnny (Kevin Dillon), are back…and back in business with super agent-turned-studio head Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven). Some of their ambitions have changed, but the bond between them remains strong as they navigate the capricious and often cutthroat world of Hollywood. Appearances by Ronda Rousey.
• WWE 24 Edge “The Second Mountain” (WWE Network)
Forced into an early retirement nearly a decade earlier, WWE Hall of Famer Edge defies the odds in an emotional journey to relive his dream. What began as a documentary about life after wrestling becomes an impossible second chance, as WWE 24 cameras capture the resurrection of one of WWE’s most beloved Superstars.
• “Furious 7” (Hulu)
Continuing the global exploits in the unstoppable franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson lead the returning cast of Fast & Furious 7. James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series that also welcomes back favorites Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky and Lucas Black. They are joined by international action stars new to the franchise including Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou, Tony Jaa, Ronda Rousey and Kurt Russell.
• SmackDown Women’s Championship Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair “Last Woman Standing Match” “Evolution” (WWE Network)
• Central Intelligence (Cinemax)
The story follows a one-time bullied geek, Bob (The Rock), who grew up to be a lethal CIA agent, coming home for his high school reunion. Claiming to be on a top-secret case, he enlists the help of former “big man on campus,” Calvin (Kevin Hart), now an accountant who misses his glory days. But before the staid numbers-cruncher realizes what he’s getting into, it’s too late to get out, as his increasingly unpredictable new friend drags him through a world of shoot-outs, double-crosses and espionage.
• WWE 24 “The Year Of Ronda Rousey” (WWE Network)
MMA athlete Ronda Rousey makes her move to pro wrestling and becomes a WWE Superstar. Follow her championship run and relive her unforgettable WrestleMania 35 performance.
• Ricochet vs Will Ospreay “Best Of The Super Jr.” Tournament 2017 (NJPW World)
• “Stone Cold Podcast” Featuring Vince McMahon (WWE Network)
• The Undertaker vs Mankind “Hell In A Cell Match” “King Of The Ring” 1998 (WWE Network)
• The Hangover Trilogy
These movies actually have nothing to do with wrestling, I just find them funny af and we all could use some light hearted laughter in the current world.
• The Undertaker vs AJ Styles “Boneyard Match” WrestleMania 36